7 replies to this topic

#1 Chuck-Whatchareading

Chuck-Whatchareading

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:32 PM

HI Branndon!

I've run into a problem with the upgraded GARD Pro plugin. It locked all of my contributors out, in fact only admins could get to the wordpress dashboard. Deactivating the plugin worked but now I have no ads (of course). Is this a bug? Could I have done something wrong during installation?

#2 Branndon

Branndon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">I will have another look at the code of GARD Pro over the next couple days. For now you can reinstall GARD and GARD Pro version 1.3.1. Please email me at EMAIL REMOVED to get 1.3.1 if you don't have it downloaded anywhere. Please see the message below about the late reply to your question. Thank you.</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">&nbsp;</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">Hello,</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">If you are receiving this email, this means either I am doing some work for you, or you're contacting me regarding a product of ours.</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">I had to drop everything and drive to Oregon with 30 minutes notice on Saturday. My grandma is not doing well. I was gone the entire 3 day weekend and arrived back home late last night. I'll continue work on all jobs today and begin sending updates as I have them. I'm sorry for the 3 day delay, it was unavoidable.</div>
<div style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;">I will reply to every email personally throughout this week. Thank you for your time.</div>

#3 Branndon

Branndon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Possibly. This plugin has nothing to do with users or contributors. Is there a way I can get admin access to the blog? If not, can you list all active plugins for me? Also the method you used to install GARD Pro v2? It's possible that the installation process should be a bit different for GARD Pro v2. I'm thinking completely disable and delete GARD and GARD Pro v 1.3.1 first, then upload 2.0

I'm glad to do this, but I'd need two things. Admin access, and contributor access. This way I can test and be sure that they can log in afterwards.

#4 Chuck-Whatchareading

Chuck-Whatchareading

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:50 AM

I've removed GARD and GARD Pro completely, can you send me Guard Pro v2 so I can try re-installing it? The only one that shows up in plugins is v1.3

[email protected]

Thanks!

#5 Branndon

Branndon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I sent it this morning, did you receive it? 

#6 Chuck-Whatchareading

Chuck-Whatchareading

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

Yes thank you Branndon!

I'm working on it today (busy week). Thank you again for getting back to me!

#7 Branndon

Branndon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think all these problems (I've seen 2 other issues, none the same as yours) are due to the old GARD Pro and GARD not being deleted before the new one was installed. Your website will be a good test of this, just disable and delete the other two versions, and install 2.0 on top of it. If you wait a couple days, I'm releasing 2.1 soon.

#8 Guest_Richardganda_*

Guest_Richardganda_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

How wonderful...they are just precious. Good luck with them. Are they already spoken for?

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support request, gard pro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users