•  

Photo
- - - - -

Fear of dying is the most powerful motivation.

family motivation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Branndon

Branndon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 99 posts
  • LocationTraveling

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:47 AM

There is a man here at work who recently lost his grandfather. We were talking about loss, and family, when he told me a story about a man who used to work here that passed away. This man had a new child, a little girl only a year or two old. 

He was diagnosed with cancer, and was going downhill fast. On a routine doctors appointment, he was told that he had 2 weeks to live.... Hearing those words hit me SO hard. Everything I'm doing right now is being done with our 2 year old little girl Spirit in mind. The thought of having to say goodbye to her is making me tear up as I'm typing this. Talk about motivation to do something greater with my life!

I feel so bad for that man, and his poor family. His heart must have ached more than any describable ache in the world. Spirit means the world to me, and if I had to try and explain to a 2 year old that daddy wasn't going to be able to play horses, or run outside with her ever again would kill me. Literally, I am crying a little while typing this. Just the simple picture in my head is strong enough to make me cry... and I'm not even going through the real thing.... wow.

I'm so motivated to make money, travel the country, and possibly eventually the world. I want to live a full, adventurous life! I want Spirit to have experiences that shape her as a person, and that she can look back on as an adult. I hope that by raising her with worldly values, teaching her to explore, dream, and discover new things, and showing her that material things don't equal happiness  that she has a very fulfilling life. I want her to look back at her childhood and say, "Wow, that was awesome!". I want her to strive towards inner joy in life, not outer joy... acquiring things doesn't mean you'll be happy... The happiest people on earth have far less than 99% of the worlds population. 

I am motivated to give Spirit the life that I think every child deserves. I am working towards making this happen on a daily basis. The story above only kicks my motivation up a notch... I'm at a desk job right now on a break writing this. I want so bad to be home and hug my wife and daughter. Soon... Soon I will be home full time, working for myself, and traveling fulltime in our RV. I do believe that if I keep working hard towards my dream, that it will happen before I know it.

Please don't take life for granted. Every day, do something which moves you towards your dreams. As long as your moving forward, even until the day you die, you will never fail. You only fail when you give up.

I've attached a recent picture of Spirit and me playing guitar. She loved it and the picture captured that. We both just woke up, so excuse me being messy.

Attached Thumbnails

• Spirit and Daddy Playing Guitar.jpg

#2 lhgrubbs

lhgrubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:19 AM

focus on serving others, be generous to all men, give your life.   you will find happiness and joy beyond all riches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users