The Shops at Dos Lagos is an open-air shopping center in Corona and very dog friendly. Over 30 of the shops allow you to bring your beloved canine inside while you shop.
While most shopping centers and malls are usually off limits to dogs, there are a few that allow us to bring our pooch along. Luckily Southern California is home to a few outdoor malls that allow our dogs to shop with us, including the trendy Fashion Island in Newport Beach and The Shops at Dos Lagos in Corona.
(Hippies' Note: If you enjoy reading our articles, you'll love our newsletter. Receive updates directly to your inbox. Subscribe now!)
The Shops at Dos Lagos
A collection of restaurants and shops are found along both sides of the small Main Street within The Shops at Dos Lagos. While dogs are welcome along the street and sidewalks, many of the stores are also dog friendly. There are over 30 stores and restaurants that will open their doors to shoppers with dogs. Some have water bowls outside and others have treats handy for when you stop by.
Often these dog friendly malls, even outdoor malls, will have certain rules for dogs and their owners. These rules and regulations are usually posted somewhere on the property. The Shops at Dos Lagos is no different and has signs posting their “Canine Code of Conduct” along the Main Street on both sides.
A paw print graphic is shown next to the directory listing of all shops, restaurants and service providers to let you know who is dog friendly.To verify that the store is ‘dog friendly’ look for the sticker usually found near the entrance.
Here are a few of the shops that allow dogs inside:
- The Children’s Place
- Sunglass Hut
- Charlotte Russe
- New York & Company
- Windsor Fashions
- WhiteHouse | BlackMarket
- Bath & Body Works
- Sleep Number
- Empire Home Fitness
- And more!
Most of the restaurants are off limits for those with dogs in tow, except for Miguel’s California Mexican Cuisine. I believe dogs are still only allowed outside on the patio. Another is Pinkberry… I think. It does not show the paw print graphic, but I have seen a dog water bowl inside.
Canine Code of Conduct
The following is taken directly from the signage around The Shops at Dos Lagos. It’s been transcribed below for easier reading. This information is correct as of May 2013.
Guests may bring their leashed, well-behaved dogs to the common areas of The Shops at Dos Lagos. To ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all guests, the rules listed below must be followed.
Merchants will have a sticker on their door or window to indicate that dogs are welcome in their store. These stores may have additional rules.
- All dogs must be leashed OR contained inside a carrier at all times. Leashes must be no longer than 6′ including retractable leashes.
- Dogs must be under the direct control of their owners at all times. At no time is the owner permitted to leave his or her dog unattended.
- Owners are required to pick up and properly dispose of the feces of their dog.
- Dogs must be licensed in the jurisdictional area that they reside and have a current vaccination for rabies.
- If at any time the management of The Shops at Dos Lagos determines that the behavior of a dog is causing disturbance to others or the dog is acting aggressively, the owner will be asked to remove his or her dog from the premises.
- Owners are required to comply with the laws, rules and regulations of California and the Corona Municipal Code relating to dogs.
Do you think more places should allow owners to bring their dogs? If so, which ones would you like to see? Let us know in the comments.Subscribe to our mailing list